Associate Membership

Anyone who runs a regular group at the community centre will automatically become an associate member of Humphrey Park Community Association. This page explains what this means for you.

What are the advantages of being an associate member?

  • For you, this provides more flexibility to amend your bookings in advance and only pay for what you use. For example, you can cancel bookings when you are going away, and you will not be charged for them.

  • As a consequence of this, HPCA experience a reduction in the time spend on admin duties, allowing us to use our time as efficiently as possible, which is important when an organisation is run by volunteers.

Will it cost me anything?

No. There are no additional charges or fees for being a trustee or associate member of HPCA. The only fees you will pay are for your use of rooms within the community centre at the current hourly rates.

What about indemnity/public liability insurance?

Anyone using the community centre, whether an associate member or not, who requires a fee to be paid to attend their session(s), is required to provide their own public liability insurance. There are circumstances where we can provide this for you via Trafford Council for an additional fee, which is currently 10% of your room hire charges. For more information, please see section 13 of our terms of hire.

What's the difference between a trustee and an associate member?

  • Trustees are responsible for the day to day management of the charity, the maintenance of the centre building and grounds, and have voting rights during committee meetings.

  • As an Associate Member, your only responsibility is to run the events you hold at the centre; you are not required to make any additional commitments (unless you particularly want to).

  • Additional volunteers are obviously always welcome, so if you do decide that you would like to support the charity, just let us know and you can become a trustee in addition to being an associate member.

How do I access the centre on a regular basis?

We will provide you with the door code. Please don’t share this with anyone outside of those who help to run your group or need to gain access in order to do so. If we change the code, we'll give you advance notice of this.

When and how do I pay for my bookings?

We'll send you an invoice on or around the first day of each month for fees incurred during the previous month. Payment is then due by the 15th into our bank account, the details of which are included on your invoice.

How do I make changes to my regular booking?

If you need to make any changes to your regular booking, you can do this at any time:

  • To cancel a booking, just email us and we will do the rest.

  • To change an existing booking, email to let us know your requirements. Please remember that we'll need your group name, any new dates, and the start and finish times, in order to action this.

  • To make a new booking, Please visit the room hire section of our website at to check availability and submit your request online.

If you are taking a break during school holidays, please provide details of your cancellations with as much notice as possible so that rooms can be available for others to use.

  • If you give at least 2 weeks notice of cancellations, we won't charge you for these sessions. However, as much notice as possible would obviously be appreciated.

  • If you prefer, we can base your school holidays on the terms dates of our nearest primary school, Highfield.

Every October, we will extend your recurring bookings by a further year up to the end of March in 18 months time in order to reserve your space. In time, this process will become automatic within the booking system.

How do I get a copy of my centre account for my records?

Your invoices will always be emailed to you as a PDF on a monthly basis. If you are required to keep a copy of them, please download them from the emails as and when they are received.

If you require a copy again, please search for "Your invoice for Humphrey Park Community Centre" in your email account, then download the invoices you need from the emails.

If required, we can ask us to produce a statement for you. Please specify the date range required when you ask for this.

Can you help with advertising my sessions?

  • Most of our associate members have a page on our website. This provides a space for them to advertise their sessions and it also indicates the diversity of events being held at the centre. If your events are public, we would like to create a page about your sessions too. For this we will need some written text about what you do, and preferably a few photos, and a logo if you have one. If you already have a website, we can lift some content from there and link directly to it, if you are happy for us to do that. Don't worry if you don't have any images or logos at the moment, we can be quite resourceful in creating something for you, and you can let us know whenever you require an update to your page.

  • We can place an A4 advertisement on our noticeboard inside the centre. Please send notices to us electronically.

  • You can share pictures and comments via our facebook page here if you wish.

Can you provide me with any storage space?

If you require cupboard space in which to store belongings between your sessions, please let us know and we can see what is available at the time. If we don't currently have any storage space available for you, we will add you to the waiting list, then notify you as soon as something becomes available.

Please keep the centre clean and tidy.

The community centre is run by volunteers. For the benefit of other members of the community using the centre after you, please leave it in a clean and tidy condition when your booking has finished. If you experience any problems on arrival, please let a member of the management committee know as soon as you can. If you need them, basic equipment for cleaning up spillages, wiping tables after use and brushing up are available in the cupboard to the right as you walk into the kitchen.

For more information, please see our Terms of Hire.